Oceanlog error with SIT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've uploaded 6 dives from my VEO 180Nx. There seems to be issues with the calculated SIT times.

On dives which are the first dive of the day and many days since the last dive, the SIT calculates a SIT time measured in minutes, i.e. 12 min for one, 28 min for another...

The only first dive that shows 24:00 (24 hrs) is the very first dive on the dive computer.

Oceanlog also displays dive times that are always 1 min off from the dive computer, i.e. a 36 min dive on the DC shows as 37 min in Oceanlog. I don't consider this to be a big deal.

NJMike:
Oceanlog also displays dive times that are always 1 min off from the dive computer, i.e. a 36 min dive on the DC shows as 37 min in Oceanlog. I don't consider this to be a big deal.

I've seen this one. I think this is due to how you decide to "round"
the actual time to an integer time.
i.e do you round up, round down, or truncate.

For example, suppose the dive were 36 minutes and 15 seconds.
Should that be 36 minutes or 37?
You were in the "37th" minute even though only 36 full
minutes have passed.

I don't think there is 1 "right" answer for this.

--- bill

Yeah, that's not important...I don't care if they are one min off. You would think, though, that Oceanic, since they created both the computer and the software, that they would round the same way. It's a minor issue, I just noted it.

The SIT time is definitely curious, though. I just sent the technical staff copies of this post and my other post.

Thanks for the reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom