Oceanic ZX and Omega III regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Doug, Darryl, all:

Does anyone have any information about the Oceanic ZX regulator? Will or has it ever been sold in the US?

How different is it from Zeta? Zeta seems to have been discontinued in the US only or something to that effect. Any reason why? Nevertheless apparently some of them are still available for sale here and there.

Also what is the status of the Omega III (is this the right name) regulator? I’ve heard the rumors that it has been on the “drawing board’ at Oceanic for some time now.

Eugene

The ZX regulator design is still in progress and actually will be called something else. The ZX was shown at DEMA but never produced nor sold in the US or worldwide. The Zeta is a totally different animal. The ZX design is a very small but traditional designed downstream demand valve second stage and the Zeta operated with a servo-valve similar to the Omega series. And yes the ZETA was discontinued last year for a variety of reasons.

Finally, on the "drawing board" at Oceanic is still correct on the Omega III. Two years ago we looked at some very aggressive, very futuristic engineering drawings and so far that is all. Sure at some point we will see more. Looking forward to using it and selling it myself.

Regards,
Darryl

Daryl,

Thanks for the information. It funny though I stumbled upon this store on the interned and they seem to carry the ZX. I wonder if this guys are even for real. The whole site is seems a bit suspicious. Here is the link: April's Tropical Dive Store

Thanks.

Interesting site. I will forward this to corporate, not sure if the site is for real or not myself. There is no way that this company can be selling nor able to supply the ZX regulator. The only actual units that shipped out where to us sales guys as samples and a few were made for use in photo shoots and testing at corporate.

Darryl Bowerman:
Interesting site. I will forward this to corporate, not sure if the site is for real or not myself. There is no way that this company can be selling nor able to supply the ZX regulator. The only actual units that shipped out where to us sales guys as samples and a few were made for use in photo shoots and testing at corporate.
I sent an email to the published "contact" on the site and got a reply saying that the site was infact a demo and they set it up for the web-divestores they host. So that cleared up some issues i had.
I hope these guys dont get in trouble... I think it would be helpfull if they said somewhere on the banner or something that it was a demo site not a real retail spot. Anyway thanks for info Darryl.

Minor correction. A very limited number of the ZX regulators were apparently realesed in Australia and Europe. Very limited numbers but never were any units shipped for resale in the domestic US. Someone here stateside could have one of these units but it would be a long shot.

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom