Oceanic Zeta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtto

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I recently purchased a used Zeta reg. It was serviced one week prior to me buying it. After a few dives, i noticed that the reg was flowing the slightest bit and would stop if I banged it lightly against my palm. I went back to the service tech and he said that he told the previous owner about this and that it was more an annoyance than anything else. I have no problems once the reg is in my mouth. Something to do with the lever in the second stage slightly binding. He also said it would cost $125 to fix. I am going to contact the previous owner and might ask for a refund. I know it is hard for you to comment on a reg you haven't seen but does all this sound reasonable? Is it crazy to keep using it as it is? Thanks. Gary

It took some time to find the right dealer to service my wife Zeta, They need to have all the specialty tool and they need experience working on the Zeta or Omega regulator for me to let them service that regulator. Have them show you the tools then have them take out the manual and compare the tool list if they are not all their find another dealer or send it to oceanic.

I just sent it to Oceanic. They confirm exactly what you say. I guess I will need to contact them to see if there is someone local with the tools.

Thanks gtto. At my shop they have 4 guys who service regulator and they all can work on mine which is a Delta 4, but I only let Jeff work on my wife Zeta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom