Oceanic XTC-100 Service Manual/Owners Guide BLUE BUTTON VERSION anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesUK

New
Reaction score
Hi board!

Due to cash-flow reasons, I've recently bought a 2nd hand Oceanic XTC-100 (seriously spent out, but really needed a dive computer). It came with no manual, so I searched the Oceanic websites, and thought I found it here:

http://www.oceanicnet.com/pdf/12-2188-r02.pdf

Turns out it's for the GREEN BUTTON version only. I've tried using it to do stuff on my BLUE BUTTON model (simple things like setting date etc) and it's impossible!!

I've searched the entire web, Oceanic UK/worlwide/etc website, even those "user manual " websites - no luck.

Can anyone help? PDF, photocopy, whatever. I'll paypal the postage costs to me here in the UK if need be!!

I'm off to the Phillipines diving next month, and I really need a working computer.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions/pointers etc.

cheers

James.

In case anyone was wondering, or incase someone else has this problem in the future:

I managed to get my hands on a Blue Button Manual! My XTC-100 makes sense now!! It is IMPOSSIBLE to use the Green Button Manual to work out the functions, trust me. So if anyone else is having trouble- trrack down the right manual!!

Next question:

There's some "blue stuff" (looks like some sort of sealing compound??) on one of the screws on my computer.... anyone know what this might be??

The "blue stuff" was a manufacturing compound usually applied on one of the screws and sometimes the sealing edge of the computers. This allowed us to recognize if the module had been tampered with or in some cases actually opened which typically would ruin the water tight integrity of the unit and void the warranty. Don't think we use the stuff anymore.

Regards,
Darryl

In case anyone was wondering, or incase someone else has this problem in the future:

I managed to get my hands on a Blue Button Manual! My XTC-100 makes sense now!! It is IMPOSSIBLE to use the Green Button Manual to work out the functions, trust me. So if anyone else is having trouble- trrack down the right manual!!

Next question:

There's some "blue stuff" (looks like some sort of sealing compound??) on one of the screws on my computer.... anyone know what this might be??
Hello James, any chance of telling me where to obtain copy of blue button xtc 100 manual or any info on it, I'm roughly in the same boat as you was, was given computer by dead friends wife, no paperwork.
Hope you reply, best regards, R4BABY u.k.

Hello James, any chance of telling me where to obtain copy of blue button xtc 100 manual or any info on it, I'm roughly in the same boat as you was, was given computer by dead friends wife, no paperwork.
Hope you reply, best regards, R4BABY u.k.
Hi there,

I wrote to Oceanic UK in the end, and luckily they found an old manual lying around, and were kind eough to post it to me. Possibly worth trying that again, they may have more. I think I got their contact details from their website.

Hope this helps.

Jamea

Hi James,
Any chance of getting a copy of the manual? I am willing to paypal postage and photocopying costs. So far all of my emails to Oceanic UK have bounced back to me.

Thanks,
Greywacke

James,
Also wrote to oceanic usa but got no real joy, just a link to internet archive wayback machine on which I found no operating manual for blue button model.

If you can see a way of letting me having a copy of your manual I am more than happy to reimburse you for your trouble, also it appears that I am not the only person with this problem so there may be a marketing opportunity.

Best regards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom