Oceanic VT4.0 w/transmitter $700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MxPilotDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Oceanic VT4.0 with wireless transmitter, pc kit and everything it came with. Has approx. 30 dives on it, minor scratches, but zero issues. Will post pics as soon as I can. I just decided that I don't like having an wireless computer because it is one more thing that I have to keep track of. $700 plus shipping or willing to trade for Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1 of equal condition or better with possible cash to make the difference.

May be interested send me some pics and what do you mean by "you dont like it cause its one more thing to keep track of?

Shark, since the VT4 is a wrist mount and uses a transmitter attached to the first stage on your regulator, I believe they are referring to keeping up with the wrist mount computer as in misplaced... It sounds like they prefer the console that is an all in one that attaches to the first stage to keep track of the air pressure.

I see you are a new diver and with that said, I own the VT3 and I am quite pleased with it. VT4 is much the same and are running about 1000.00 new...

lee

I know what the transmitter does and all and yes I am a newbie but I did some extended research on this computer and was just asking him what was he personal reason on not wanting it cause its one more thing to keep track of but I see you pretty much summed it up for me appreciate that,

Not sure if it plays in with his reason but there are also 2 batteries to maintain, transmitter and computer. However, I own an Aeris Elite T3 (essentially the same as the Oceanic VT3) and I love it.

I would be interested. I have an oceanic Pro Plus 2.0 with integrated compass in excellent condition (it has a cover on the display to keep it from getting scratched). I would offer it and $500. I can send you pictures if you want.

Thanks

Mike Quinn

I apologize about the delay in my response to everyone's messages, as I have been gone to Costa Rica on vacation and just returned. Shark was correct in his response to the question about my not liking having more to keep track of. The computer is works perfectly fine, but I would prefer a console. I simply just don't like having to take off my wrist mount computer when I'm doing multiple dives in order to remove my wetsuit or dry suit. It was purchased from Saguaro Dive Shop in Mesa, Az approximately one year ago. I'm trying to add pics on my computer and having a difficult time at the moment. So, if you would like, I could send a pic from phone to phone or through email if you prefer.

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Computer.jpgHere is a pic of the computer with all parts and accessories.

Just thinking, how about a trade... Sherwood Wisdom 2? lee

Last edited:
You need a bungee mount for it so its eaiser to don and doff, than the watch band. That's what I have for my VT3 and love it. Don't know if there is one for the VT4 but it would be worth a look.

I apologize about the delay in my response to everyone's messages, as I have been gone to Costa Rica on vacation and just returned. Shark was correct in his response to the question about my not liking having more to keep track of. The computer is works perfectly fine, but I would prefer a console. I simply just don't like having to take off my wrist mount computer when I'm doing multiple dives in order to remove my wetsuit or dry suit. It was purchased from Saguaro Dive Shop in Mesa, Az approximately one year ago. I'm trying to add pics on my computer and having a difficult time at the moment. So, if you would like, I could send a pic from phone to phone or through email if you prefer.

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:26 PM ----------

View attachment 129577Here is a pic of the computer with all parts and accessories.

The bungee is a good idea. Wish I thought of it a long time ago.

As for the trade for the wisdom 2, I've been burned pretty bad by used equipment and don't want to be stuck with only a used computer. Which is why I'm considering the trade for the pro plus with cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom