Oceanic VT3 Dive Computer Operating Software Upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just posted an email that I was sent on the topic, how do I go back an edit my original post, I don't see that option.

I've just managed to update my VT3. I orginally tried to take it back to the dealer that I bought it through (as suggested by Oceanic) but they would only end it back to Oceanic and wouldn't update it there which I didn't want to do. The update was easy enough but like others found, it got stuck in BSL mode so I had to take the battery out which was a right pain in the ***! Anyway, a bit of puffing and sweating later and we're all good with a newly updated VT3!

I apologise for digging up such an old thread.

I've just bought a secondhand VT3 and found that it had firmware v1e on it so I carried out the update and got stuck in BSL mode like everyone else. The directions said to remove the battery, so I did that; but reading the manual I'm not feeling very comfortable with my putting of things back together.

The manual seems to make a strong point about always using a new o-ring, and lubricating the o-ring with silicon grease; but since I'm not replacing the battery I havent bought an official oceanic replacement kit and have neither. Am I worrying about nothing?

the second thing, when pulling apart the battery compartment the clear back had a nice tight seal and needed to be pried up softly to get it to "pop out". putting it back together I'm not getting this same seal; I have to hold the back on in order to stop the oring from pushing the clear back cover off. is this normal?

Cheers,

That is normal. Once it's been in for a while, you'll get the same seal. If you are worried, put it in a bowl of clean, fresh water for a minute and then check for any water inside the clear cover.

Doug or Dan,

I too purchased a used VT3 and am trying to update. I went through the procedure, got it into BSL mode, hit the next button and after about 2 seconds, I get a "could not communicate with VT3" message. I checked multiple times to see if the cord was plugged in and making contact, but I keep getting the same error message. Any ideas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom