Oceanic VT 4.1 or DG03 dive computer wireless

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just getting back into the hobby after taking a few years break

researching computers , things have changed in the past few years, I'm seeing names I didn't recognize this time around

all though I see great reviews on the Shearwater Petel, I'm not going back into tech diving, just doing to do some 60' reef dives off the coast of FL

i all ready ordered a SPG on a 33" hose for back up

That being said, I like the larger wrist computers then a watch. I had the VT3 when I was diving and loved it

Now i see allot of reviews on the Hollis DG03 from DGX with the transmitter, for $500 looks like a steal

i read they had recalls on it, but I'm sure ordering a new one from DGX that shouldn't be a concern now

Any thoughts between the Oceanic VT 4.1 which I can get with the transmitter new for a little over $600 or the Hollis DG03 for $500 with transmitter ?

Again, rec diving only, not concerned about deco or anything on 60' reefs :)

Last edited:
Like you I loved my VT-3.

The DG-03 is like the VT-3 but so much cheaper and is in my mind a steal.

The VT4 I don't like. In the VT4 Oceanic went to the 4 segment TLBG which I really do not like as I like to build in my own conservatism with the TLBG and with only 4 segments that was not possible. The VT-3 and DG03 have 8 segments and so for me it was a great buy.

The VT4 and DG03 use different algorithms but for the diving you are doing either will be fine and perfect.

Thanks for the quick reply ! You guys are great! Yeh, I did love my VT3 !

I didn't know that about the VT4 algorithms , I'd like to hear from a fellow user of the DG03

i did find a few post of negative comments, I think was no safety stop count down, which I happen to like if I remember reading somewhere on here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom