Oceanic vs Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The oceanic you can adjust it to be more liberal or conservative. The suunto is nice, but it does not like short surface intervals. Since you are planning on to be a tropical rec diver, as long as you take your time between dives, the suunto would be fine. I have an Aeris T3 and the wife has a oceanic VT3. We have had no problems with their operations.

The oceanic you can adjust it to be more liberal or conservative. The suunto is nice, but it does not like short surface intervals. Since you are planning on to be a tropical rec diver, as long as you take your time between dives, the suunto would be fine. I have an Aeris T3 and the wife has a oceanic VT3. We have had no problems with their operations.

Thankyou for the input. I just hear and read that multi dives like 3 & 4 dives in a day really makes the Suunto too conservative. I understand safety concerning my health, but I would like to still dive. Since I live in florida and like going to tropical islands including the Keys, I would only need to stay under 70-80 feet with most of the time under 60'.

With the Oceanic computers you can set the computer to dive more conservative but you can't set the Suunto to be less conservative.
The Aeris T3 and Oceanic VT3 are essentially the same computer.

Thanks for the support. The only question is the Suunto and I dont know why it is bothering me.....I have been reading alot of posts on here and I am so turned around about Liberal vs. Conservative. I understand the Suunto is a great product, I just want to be a rec. diver in the tropics and still be able to do multiple dives in a day...hmmm, I just dont know

I am a DMT and just do rec diving at the moment and to be honest Suunto's conservativeness has not bothered me. I do multiple dives in a day and yes my computer will beep at me every now and then, but its not really a big deal. Maybe it just hasn't bothered me because i haven't really had any experience with other brands.

Have you tried the Suunto and the Oceanic set-ups yet?

I am a DMT and just do rec diving at the moment and to be honest Suunto's conservativeness has not bothered me. I do multiple dives in a day and yes my computer will beep at me every now and then, but its not really a big deal. Maybe it just hasn't bothered me because i haven't really had any experience with other brands.

Have you tried the Suunto and the Oceanic set-ups yet?

Not yet

You've got to try the BCs to decide which is better for you (and not to beat a dead horse, have you considered and rejected getting a BP/W? If none of the shops seem to have them, the Oceanic shops can likely hoog you up with the Hollis gear, I've not tried it yet), but as far as the regulator is concerned the Oceanic gets my vote hands down, and just wait until you get a look and a breath of an EOS. WOW!

Computers are a matter of features, I happen to like hoseless and AI, so the ATOM 2.0 will be my next computer (it also give me a way to keep on eye on my 12 year old's air).

I have have tried them on and they both fit great. In the water is another issue, but they were both helpful. I hate to do a coin toss on this one. I have been using my brother in laws gear and he has mixed match gear. I guess I will use it for awhile longer till I decide on the right choice. the real big thing is the computer....I am still up in the air as to which.

I have have tried them on and they both fit great. In the water is another issue, but they were both helpful. I hate to do a coin toss on this one. I have been using my brother in laws gear and he has mixed match gear. I guess I will use it for awhile longer till I decide on the right choice. the real big thing is the computer....I am still up in the air as to which.

Nothing wrong with mix match gear brands, get the one that works for you the best. The computer is a tough one, both are good computers. Just need to find out which ones features do you like most. Good luck

Hi there! Great choices in gear all around...I dive Oceanic and US Divers/Aqualung equipment, usually mixed and matched as needed. My opinion (and it probably stinks as well) is that you dive with the best possible configuration you can afford for the diving you do. Price is always important, but if it was the most important consideration, then we would all be using Brand X regs, comps and bc's. I like Oceanix products and I dive Oceanix CDX5's as my primary recreation reg, I use Oceanic computers and actually dive Aqualung BC's. All my stage/deco bottles have US Diver/Aqualung 1st stages on them (except for the OMS hand-me-down). My very first computer was a Suunto and I loved it....so get what YOU want and feel most comfortable with.
A quick note re: dive shop loyalty...if most divers knew what the markup was on that piece of gear they just bought from their LDS buddies with the "loyal customer price", then there would be some hurt feelings out there:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom