Oceanic Versa Pro says "ALT".

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I dove yesterday. This morning, when I fired up my Versa Pro, it thought I was in
the water and VERY nitrogen saturated, and had a 10' ceiling. Something was crazy,
so I pulled the battery and put it back in. Now, when powered on, it does the count
down and just says ALT flashing for a few seconds, then shuts down. I tried a fresh
battery, same thing. I'm guessing it's sick.

I checked the online manual and my Pro Plus 2 manual, I can't find an ALT.

I've got an ALM and an ACT, but no ALT.

Did you get on an airplane, or otherwise have any major change of altitude while the unit was still in the 24 hour time to fly mode??

Chuck Tribolet:
Nobody knows what "ALT" means?

Could mean "alternate".
Could mean "altitude".
Could mean ...
Probably "altitude error".

My guess is that your pressure sensor is hosed and giving incorrect readings. When you put in a new battery and the unit checked the pressure sensor to guesstimate your altitude, it came up outside the allowable limits.

Charlie Allen

Chuck,

Pull the battery and let it power down for 24 hours and then put the new battery back in.

the K

Charlie99:
Probably "altitude error".

My guess is that your pressure sensor is hosed and giving incorrect readings. When you put in a new battery and the unit checked the pressure sensor to guesstimate your altitude, it came up outside the allowable limits.

Charlie Allen
Yep. My Versa did that. Oceanic replaced it.

Charlie99 got it. ALT is displayed following diagnostic check, when the sensor calibration is not within spec. Feel free to remove and replace the battery, it's not going to cause any additional problems - chances are it is going to need to be serviced.

Doug

Just to give some belated feed back, pulling the battery for 24 hours didn't help. I had the unit
serviced (for a lot less than the cost of a new computer, even with Oceanic's Trade-Up policy).

Thanx all.

Chuck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom