Oceanic Veo 3.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got mine yesterday. Did the online class and played around with the menus. Love the 3rd button. Being able to back up is nice. Looking forward to diving it Sunday with my daughters basic class on the second day of the checkout dives. Display is HUGE. Easy to read, even with old eyes.
Download cable is at the house and I am going to play with that tomorrow.

I bought a Veo 3.0 and initially it was great. It was fairly easy to navigate and worked well for setting up the Nitrox mix I was using as the mixture changed daily. I was able to hear and see the alarms and the display was easy to read. The problem was it stopped working correctly by my tenth dive with it. At first it would flash ALT when starting up and then wouldn't stay on. It finally turned on, but while diving it was showing that I was 6 feet deeper than the other computers in the group. When I surfaced it still showed that I was at a depth of 6 feet and it never recognized my SI. Oceanic customer support so far has been good in that they agreed to replace it with a brand new one as it was less than 30 days old. It’s my first dive comp so I don’t really have anything to compare it too, but other than it crappin out so soon I really liked it. I haven't received the replacement yet so time will tell if my first one failing was a fluke or a sign of problems to come.

Just one question, was the PDC switched on during a flight and still on while landing?
I've seen this problem before, but allways in this situation.

The VEO 3.0 is a sweet computer. I have dove it on about 80 dives. It is a really nice computer. If you get one get it in the Navcon style. That is the one with the compass on top. You would not go wrong with the 3.0.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom