Oceanic Veo 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuckitall

Contributor
Reaction score
My Veo 250 has flooded twice in the battery compartment. Battery changed by shop once and by me once. Still end up with floods. Washed out compartment with Alcohol. Should I try again or send it in. Like puter just can't seem to get past this problem. Also I have been told that water in this area can be ok with proper cleaning. Is this true?

My Veo 250 has flooded twice in the battery compartment. Battery changed by shop once and by me once. Still end up with floods. Washed out compartment with Alcohol. Should I try again or send it in. Like puter just can't seem to get past this problem. Also I have been told that water in this area can be ok with proper cleaning. Is this true?

I'd like to know how you do with this. I have an Oceanic Veo 250 with over 100 dives on it and never experienced a flooding - never worried about it. When the Oceanic discontinued the Veo 250 I decided to pick up a backup from a guy at SB. I took it down the first time last Friday and it flooded (or maybe had been flooded from before and I just added to a previous seepage - I should have checked beforehand). I am sure the SB guy I bought it from is honest and it only had 16 dives on it (he's gone to heck/tec). I also cleaned it up with alcohol and a new battery. I look forward to trying it out in 2 weeks.

Please let me know any outcome on this.

Leaked again after another new battery and O ring installed in a dealers shop. Three times in three days.

Leaked again after another new battery and O ring installed in a dealers shop. Three times in three days.
Wow!:shakehead::confused: My wife and I have 6 yr old Veo 250's and the batteries have been changed multiple times by me in a variety of locations. Knock wood, but no issues. Bought a third one as a back up last summer. It has had no problems either.

My dive shop has a pressure testing machine/small vault. When they put a new battery in my computer shows me that it's been on a dive without me! :)

Find a shop that can do this and have them switch out battery and o-ring.

It has to be the O-ring getting pinched. I just replaced mine and that o-ring is a complete pain in the ass.

My dive shop has a pressure testing machine/small vault. When they put a new battery in my computer shows me that it's been on a dive without me! :)

Find a shop that can do this and have them switch out battery and o-ring.

And what would be the use? If it floods, it would do the same in the tank.
When done properly, they should use a vacuum tank, than the air bubbles will show if it leaks and where.

Probable cause in op's case would most likely be a cracked cover or damaged housing

Since that start of this post , my wifes Veo 100nx broke and will not stay turned on. Also on the way back for repairs. We dive numerous times a week and we our out of computers. This sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom