Oceanic Veo 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aklinz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am considering buying this computer, as I see it listed on the Internet for around $149. Any referrals on this computer ? Any warnings or experience with these ?
Thanks !
Andrew Klinzmann

Have you factored NX into your future travelling multi dive equation.

I am considering buying this computer, as I see it listed on the Internet for around $149. Any referrals on this computer ? Any warnings or experience with these ?

I have a Veo 180nx and a Veo 250 computer...I would assume your 100 is an older less advanced model. I've found the Veo to be a decent computer as long as you understand its use and limitations. And at $150, it's not so expensive that you will suffer too much if you decide to upgrade [keep the 100 as a backup...].

I spent a couple of hours in the pool with mine, specifically to learn as much as I could about what it was telling me...I found it to be time well spent.

Yes, I have considered future diving into my choice. I used to cold water dive up here in Canada, but all my old dive buddies got older and only dive in the tropics now. And my new dive partner (my wife) will only contemplate diving in nice, warm, clear tropical locations ! So deep-, wreck-, NX-, and cold-water diving are all pretty much out. I figure I will limit myself to air-only diving from now on.... And I am looking at a wrist-mount, for travel purposes. Am I to assume most resorts won't let you attach your own console to their rental regulator setups ?
Andrew Klinzmann

Back
Top Bottom