Oceanic Veo 100 battery problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you for Doug...yes, I am agreed better than none reply... :)

Firstly, I got the computer (NEW/First hand) from the dive shop on March, 2007. We just only used it for a three day diving trip - about 10 dives. And then I came back HK until Feb 2008, I prepared for the next trip. It showed us Low battery!! (unexpected an original battery only use 10 dives ??) I replaced the battery by Pansonic CR2450, so the screen show us FULL battery again. I took it to Similian for just only Five day Five night liveaboard. After the thirteen dives, It showed me for LOW battery again.... (After 13 dives, sometime showed me Full & sometime showed me LOW.) - (unexpected computer???) How do u think your computer require u to replace battery for under 20 dives?? u will buy it ?? I never heard it from other brand name computer.... But in this forum, I found some problems on the same brand name computers again.

Also, I send the email to Oceanic - customer service, waiting up to now, NO ONE answer...for me it's a joking....Please tell me how can I do ??

Our apologies for no reply from customer service as of now - they may be working to establish a solution with a distributor in Asia. Please send me your contact information via private message - I'll see to it that one of our staff contact you in the morning.

Doug, Thanks for confirming the battery brands. I changed several batteries but all Energizers. All new batteries. Sony's do solve the problem. I will also send me email to the proper address... I didn't read this until responding to your pm, Thanks for the correct address.

today is Feb 25, 2008.. I am still waiting for your customer reply.....but up to Now, still have none... Actually, it's a quite unexpected customer services in the worldwide brand name co.,

:notoday is 26 feb., 2008 .. I am still waiting for Oceanic reply... up to Now, no one contract me ... I don't know what can I do, how much u care for overseas custsomers...

Also, I sent the queries to your wed-site and here... But up to now, no one answer....So I tried to find the local distributor, but they said that they are not Oceanic distrbutor NOW. That's quite disappointed for me, for every oversea custumers for the Worldwide scuba brand name.

Actully, I have never heard the batteries from my friends who use sunnuto, D9, mares... this is my first time to choice Oceanic and Oceanic give me out of expected result. Both goods and after sales services...

Hi,
I had the same problem with 3 oceanic dive computer.
I will try the sony batteries but another tip to have long lasting baterie is to turn of h2O activation.

cheers,
erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom