Oceanic Veo 100 battery problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milosusa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I like to ask about life of battery in Veo 100. Last year in Dec I purchased 2 Veo 100 computer ( one for me, one for my wife) , but with one I do have battery problem, after 10 dives battery is a dead and need to be replaced. Second one have no problem. When original battery went dead after 10 dives I thought maybe was already to long inside and was weak. I replaced with new one, but same thing after 10 dives was dead again and need to be replaced. I never find water inside which could a short the battery. Did I am doing something wrong or could computer be bad ? Any problem issue with this model of computer ?
Thanks Milos

Probably just bad batteries.

Was the second battery one that came with the computer when it was new? If so, it would be old like the first and that could be why it failed so quickly.

I don't think there's anything you could have done wrong since the computer didn't flood.

I'd call Oceanic service and tell them what's happened. I'm sure they'll offer to check the computer and probably give you a new battery or two. They have an excellent service department.

Probably just bad batteries.

Was the second battery one that came with the computer when it was new? If so, it would be old like the first and that could be why it failed so quickly.

I don't think there's anything you could have done wrong since the computer didn't flood.

I'd call Oceanic service and tell them what's happened. I'm sure they'll offer to check the computer and probably give you a new battery or two. They have an excellent service department.

No, second,third and fourth battery was purchased separately.

Do I need to go directly to Oceanic or dealer who sold me the computer?
Milos

If you have a local dealer that you like, try the dealer first, see if they can get you some satisfaction. You did buy it from an authorized Oceanic dealer, right?

If you've had 4 dead batteries in a year, you definitely need to get the PDC checked. The statistical probability of getting 4 bad batteries in a row is staggering.

Oceanic is probably just going to replace it. There is definitely something wrong with your unit.

i got the same problem from my VEO180n, I brought the 180 on 3 Mar 2007, and I took it to a short diving trip for only 6 dives. In Feb 2008, I prepared to take it to Similian. It showed me low battery, I changed the new battery. After the 13 dives, it showed me low battery!!!! And when I came back to Hong Kong, I can't turn on my computer due to low battery... :( . I try to contract HK agency, but unsuccessful. How can I do ??

Unreasonable for one battery just only use 13 dives ?? in your book, one battery can dives 99 ...

I had the same problem with my computer. The solution is to replace the battery with one made by Sony or Panosonic. The computer tests the battery supply on initial power up and only sony or panosonic will privide the required power to my understanding.

The fact that oceanic hasn't replied yet with a solution is enough to make me not buy from them again. Quite a disappointment.

Me too.. I am still waiting for Oceanic reply... HK agency said "we are no longer Oceanic Distributor. But they never took our name down" Can any oceanic staff tell me what I can do ??
I am quite disappointed .... due to I sent the email to them from Monday... up to now, no one replied me

I have another problem with my software. I sent an email through the software. this was my quick response:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

pdcsupport@oceanicusa.com

Oceanic always give u unexpected result :)

I've received a private message related to this thread that due to my failure to provide an answer, we've lost a customer. Looking back at the thread - philmayer jumped in immediately to answer the original and follow up post. I did not see the need to jump in with "yes, what he said."

The next post was yesterday - so, here I am, better late than never.

Cat Nip - as Codyjp indicated in his follow-up, Oceanic recommends either a Sony or Panasonic battery. Before we arrange to get your computer out of Hong Kong to the US (which we'll gladly do by the way) - try a new battery. It is quite possible that, even though new, the battery is the issue. If you experience the same with a new battery - we'll assume that it's the computer and get it taken care of for you.

Codyjp - I've confirmed what you found on the web site's contact form - thanks for bringing it to our attention, it's being fixed now. In the meantime - please contact David in our Tech Support Department - ddrisdale@oceanicusa.com - or (800) 435-3483, ext. 431.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom