Oceanic Ultra 3/2mm sizing help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any advise on sizing if im a go-between of M and ML?

M is really nice and tight, so much so every contour n muscle group can probably be pointed out.

ML is easier on the shoulders and chest (more comfy), but a little longish on the limbs. The glide skin openings also doesnt seal as tightly as size M.

Doubt i will be layering anything under besides a rashguard.

Will the wetsuit..... expand over a few dives, or expand when it gets wet?

What should i get.. helpppp.

Hello uglyredshoes,

My personal experience is that wetsuits tend to shrink (an old joke, I just seem to get bigger). Suits don't neccessarily expand in water, but do get more comfortable with a layer of water between you and the suit. If thermal protection is most important, and the suit isn't overly constrictive or uncomfortable, perhaps the medium would be the best bet. In my case, I use a 3mm for some thermal protection, but mostly for protection against the elements, so typically choose a more comfortable suit.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Thanks Doug.

Just one thing i dont quite understand about sizing charts. Why isnt there ever measurements for shoulders?

Back
Top Bottom