Oceanic Trend BCD backplate broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BekaLynn

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a friend who owns the Oceanic Trend BCD. He noticed after our last dive that his backplate (the black plastic behind the padding) has a couple of small pieces broken and it shows stress marks that look like they are also going to break off soon.:shocked2:

I looked all over the internet to see if you can simply replace this piece. However, I can't even find this BCD anywhere. He bought it about a year ago, (second hand) with all it's tags in place and it was unused.

Also while I'm here asking, where can you buy a new power inflator hose, and are they universal? He is in need of one of those too.

Buying a new BCD is not feesable right now, so repair is essential.

Thank you all for your help...

Becky

Are you sure about the name,I have cataloques dating back to 1999.
Never seen or heard about it.

The Trend was a very unique product for us - it was one that we did not build. Please give our guys in customer service a call - they'll be able to tell you what the options are.

Thank you, I will do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom