Oceanic support/warranty experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstockwell

Reaction score
First I would like to thank Doug for help and quick response to my question.

Long story short is I received an Oceanic mask with a scuba package I had purchased middle of August. I was still using my old mask because I liked the purge valve on it. I kept the new mask with the spare stuff and emergency kit in my dive bag. On a recent dive there was a dive class with a student who needed to borrow some things. I let him borrow my spare mask and snorkel and my dive buddy let him borrow booties. He came back later and said the clip on the mask broke.

I contacted Doug about warranty because the guy claimed he just put it on his head and the clip broke. I had used the mask once when I first got it so this was the second use. I had no way of knowing if it was just damaged by a novice diver or it was defective. So I thought I would check with Oceanic.

Doug responded with the names and phone numbers of his support staff and when I called they said no problem and they would replace the mask with any mask on their website except the datamask. They replaced the mask with Ion2 purge mask and it is so much better than my old mask.

Thanks for great service!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom