Oceanic Softshell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Argonauta

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone. I live in Germany and am trying to buy myself the "right" 1st drysuit. A retailer offered me an "Oceanic Softshell" for a reasonable price ( 669 euros); it looks hardy and comfortable but before taking the final decision would like to hear the experience of other divers. Anybody there able to feedback ? Thank you.

The softshell is a very nice drysuit,ask the same dealer for a UGGY BEAR combo 500gr
undersuit and you'll be nice and warm:D

Any other opinions on this drysuit? I am also considering Oceanic but I am not able to find any opinions on Oceanic drysuits and this can have two meanings - either noone uses them or everyone is happy and does not see any reason to comment or complain.

At last, after months it's packed in its bag, I had a chance to use my new Oceanic Softshell with the UGGY BEAR combo 500gr undersuit and it worked just fine. I dived in a river and not a single drop of water came in, I was nicely dry and warm at all time. Only mistake I made was to underevaluate the positive buoyancy generated by the "Uggy Bear": with 10 kgs and a 12 liters steel air tank I still completed the dive ascending too fast. Next time I'll take perhaps 12 kgs.

Definitely happy of the purchase - at least after the 1st dive.

At last, after months it's packed in its bag, I had a chance to use my new Oceanic Softshell with the UGGY BEAR combo 500gr undersuit and it worked just fine. I dived in a river and not a single drop of water came in, I was nicely dry and warm at all time. Only mistake I made was to underevaluate the positive buoyancy generated by the "Uggy Bear": with 10 kgs and a 12 liters steel air tank I still completed the dive ascending too fast. Next time I'll take perhaps 12 kgs.

Definitely happy of the purchase - at least after the 1st dive.

i have the same problem with my suit.
i have the new Oceanic Softshell 2009-10 with front zipper! - completely black and completely dry at all time!!!
i buy the undersuit from Waterproof 200gr. and i have the same problem with buoyancy in the last 5-4 meters.
finally i dive with 12Kg / 12L. steel tank and everything was o.k.

Update on the buoyancy - in salt waters (Mediterranean sea) with the Softshell and the Uggy Bear undersuit I needed **16 kg** to dive properly :shocked2:! I suggest to use the Uggy Bear only for ice cold waters - it is like diving with a quilt ! In moderate cold waters I use a lighter undersuit and leave some lead on the beach :wink:
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom