Oceanic recall notice on CDX first state - harmonic vibration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They had the recall in the UK for a bit of time already (a few weeks,) but it doesn't seem to apply to the ones in the US.

I presume it is the UK distributor's decision to do the recall and modification, since Oceanic is a US brand, and you would think if it is a mfg recall, it would occur in the US first.

responded to my email with an affirmative re: the need to do the retrofit soon. They also described in detail what happens when the problem occurs in terms of the sound and vibration to expect so I think it's everyone. My reg. fell into one of the number ranges posted.

Bill

for my daughter and myself. It's very simple, just a few parts. I notice that the Alpha 7 2nd is being paired with a different 1st stage on Oceanic's website - sounds like they may drop the CDX in favor of a couple of newer diaphragm 1st's. It's a shame that manufacturer's won't split (as far as I can tell) 1st and 2nd stage sales (unless you buy a 2nd as a octo/yellow style). Oh well.

Bill

Don't take this recall lightly the real problem is the primary diaphram has been extrudingg itself leading to catostrphic air loss,

Back
Top Bottom