Oceanic prodigy repair or replace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an Oceanic Prodigy, it is about 4 years old. This is a replacement that was sent to me by Oceanic when my previous one flooded. On a recent dive trip, this one just stopped working. When I turn it on it counts down and then goes blank. It has a brand new battery so that is not the problem.
Can this be repaired? I don't see much info on the website like there used to be about sending them in. The closest Oceanic dealer to where I live is 3 hours away so going to a shop is not an option.

Thank,
Jim

Hi Doug

I dont think the question Jim asked is answered on the web page you have highlighted. I have just had the problem with my prodigy, it counts down then truns off... what causes this and is it a reasonable fix.

Cheers and happy diving

John

Hi John,

I contacted the Oceanic repair dept directly and they told me that the are not doing any repair work on the Prodigy any more. So bascially we are SOL. They offered a 20% discount on a new oceanic computer of my choice.

Good luck.

Jim

Hi Jim

Apologies late reply been off line travelling and moving house.

Oceanic Australia have offered the same, unfortunetly the dive club I'm with also decided to put their margin onto a replacement. I have bought a mares M2 wrist which is performing great

Cheers and happy diving

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom