Oceanic Pro Plus 3 Quick Disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chmodman

New
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Oceanic Pro Plus 3 and my local dive store and they set it up for me. However, they did not use the Oceanic quick disconnect hose fittings, they removed the Quick disconnect adapter that came with the PP3 and just threaded it with a regular hose. It had a small leak but it was tightened and now it doesn't leak. I am wondering if this is common practice, or if the Oceanic hose should be used with this model for safety/reliability reasons. Is this ok, or is the quick disconnect for strain relief?

Also, does the Oceanic Pro Plus 3 come with the hose or is that purchase separately? I cannot determine this from Oceanic's website as they do not sell that model anymore.

The quick disconnect model was more expensive than the standard model.

I recently purchased an Oceanic Pro Plus 3 and my local dive store and they set it up for me. However, they did not use the Oceanic quick disconnect hose fittings, they removed the Quick disconnect adapter that came with the PP3 and just threaded it with a regular hose. It had a small leak but it was tightened and now it doesn't leak. I am wondering if this is common practice, or if the Oceanic hose should be used with this model for safety/reliability reasons. Is this ok, or is the quick disconnect for strain relief?

Also, does the Oceanic Pro Plus 3 come with the hose or is that purchase separately? I cannot determine this from Oceanic's website as they do not sell that model anymore.
If it came with the male QD fitting on the computer, it should have also come with matching hose. Do you know for a fact that a part was removed, or are you assuming?

Yes, I saw the fitting. If the standard model is a non-quick disconnect model then that's fine that they removed the fitting I guess. I'm just concerned with safety, thanks everyone..

I have the qd and I now travel with a simple spg that I can swap to when the hose fails. You will not be able to find a replacement. Trust me, I know :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom