Oceanic Pro Plus 2 vs Pro Plus 2.1 vs 2011 model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thiad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Help?

I've been diving with a Pro Plus 2.1 - happily diving with it (shiny metal buttons), which I purchased from Leisure Pro last year. I bought my husband the same model last week for his birthday, from SCUBA.COM, which advertised it as the 2.1 version.

It came late this afternoon and even though it says it's manufacture date is 01/11 (on the unit's sticker), it has the old style buttons (grey?). If it helps, the serial number is AY-033720. The sticker on the box says Pro Plus 2, too, though SCUBA.COM put their sticker on their with Pro Plus 2.1.

Not sure what's going on. Did the buttons change in 2011? Did SCUBA.COM mislabel this or something? I will call SCUBA tomorrow, but thought someone here might know.

Now I know what's going on. Wrong model - it's most definitely the 2.0 as confirmed by Oceanic. Waiting on the RMA from SCUBA.COM.

Hello - I think I have the same problem.
I ordered a Pro Plus 2.1 but the tag on the computer says Pro Plus 2.
S/N is DD-037997.
Can you confirm which it is that I was shipped?
Thank you.
Andy Bussieres

Hi Andy -

I actually called Oceanic. They were incredibly helpful and told me the model which was a 2.0. If it doesn't have the silver buttons, it's not the 2.1. I'd call and see if the same thing happened.

May I ask who you ordered it from?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom