Info Oceanic PPX vs 4.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan G

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has been using her Oceanic Veo Nx180 for about 20 years and we plan to upgrade before our next trip. She likes the console quite bit and that has narrowed the search down to the Oceanic Pro Plus X and the Oceanic Pro Plus 4.0. Any reviews or info I see with a search on SB seems a bit dated, so I am looking for new info about these two computers.

How is the Lithium Ion battery performing in the PPX? My wife tens to want dive gear to be fairly simple and straightforward to use. Is the PPX info/interface overload?

Thanks.

My wife has been using her Oceanic Veo Nx180 for about 20 years and we plan to upgrade before our next trip. She likes the console quite bit and that has narrowed the search down to the Oceanic Pro Plus X and the Oceanic Pro Plus 4.0. Any reviews or info I see with a search on SB seems a bit dated, so I am looking for new info about these two computers.

How is the Lithium Ion battery performing in the PPX? My wife tens to want dive gear to be fairly simple and straightforward to use. Is the PPX info/interface overload?

Thanks.
Hi Dan, I have a Pro Plus X and my daughter has the Pro Plus 4 so I've dived both. The PPX screen is bright clear and large and laid out far better. PP4 seems to be a more reliable computer though, the PPX is a little buggy and has needed to be restarted a few times. I bought a Shearwater Perdix eventually and now exclusively dive that so I tried to sell the PPX. There was little interest even at what I thought was a giveaway price so I still have it.
If you can find a cheap secondhand PPX go for it, if buying new I think that I'd go for the PP4. There is lots of them around and people seem to be happy with them.

Hi Dan, I have a Pro Plus X and my daughter has the Pro Plus 4 so I've dived both. The PPX screen is bright clear and large and laid out far better. PP4 seems to be a more reliable computer though, the PPX is a little buggy and has needed to be restarted a few times. I bought a Shearwater Perdix eventually and now exclusively dive that so I tried to sell the PPX. There was little interest even at what I thought was a giveaway price so I still have it.
If you can find a cheap secondhand PPX go for it, if buying new I think that I'd go for the PP4. There is lots of them around and people seem to be happy with them.
Thanks. We are leaning towards the PP4. One things is that I like how easy it is to replace the battery. We are trading in an Atomic Colbalt which leads to some excellent pricing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom