Oceanic OC1 decompression mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pontois75

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I would like to know if it's possible to watch in decompression mode, the next deph and time if i have many steps of decompression

thanks for the answers.

Erwann

I am not so sure I correctly understand your question, but ..... when in deco the OC1 will show you your deco stop level, deco stop time and Total Ascent Time.

You can see the OC1 in action while in deco in our OC1 online class and play with it using our eDiving scuba diving simulator.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

As noted by DiveNAv, the OC1 shows your current deco stop information (depth and time) on the main screen, and your total ascent time on the Alt 1 screen. You cannot directly see what your next deco stop is until you have cleared the current stop. So if
your TAT exceeds your ATR, breathe less unless you are carrying a deco cylinder. The OC1 works pretty well for gas switches when using nitrox to accelerate deco, but the OC1 calculations are based solely on the data from the tank sensor that you have selected.

The Buhlmann algorithm favors long deco stops at a relatively shallow depth. So if you don't have the deep stop option turned on, you will most likely be facing an extended stop at 10 feet, and significantly shorter stops at slightly deeper depths when you have a more significant deco obligation.

Personally, I prepare a dive plan for all deco dives and use my computers as a backup. That was I know what deco stops to expect and how much gas I have in reserve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom