Oceanic Masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone use an Oceanic Mask such as the Mako or Ion 2 or 4? Looking at ordering one.

I use the Mako and love it, very nice quality, and fits my face. Whatever you buy I would suggest going to a dive shop and being fitted for it, no point ordering a Mako and finding out it doesn't seal on your face...but if you do, I'll buy it from you cheap :wink:

I have a shadow. Best mask I ever had. Fits perfectly.. only mask that does not leak even when my hair is caught in it.

I also own a Shadow. Love it. Can't say enough positive things about it.

YMMV of course.

Bjorn

The shadow is great but it took more effort than my other masks to defog it. I used the toothpaste thing, still fogged. I used the baby shampoo thing, still fogged. Finally I used some 500PSI defogger/mask lense scrubber and I think that did it.

My Cressi big eye mask only took one toothpaste cleaning and was fine. Maybe I just had good luck with the Cressi mask.

J:

I have a Shadow also, and LOVE it. It does take some effort to get the coating off the mask lense though. About 3 to 4 cycles of toothpaste with fingers and mine was working just fine. I think the trick to figuring out if you have the coating off is to run it under cold water then breathe on it heavily, then the areas with coating remenants will show up.

Mask seals like a glove, even worked pretty decent when I had a goatee.

I also had some trouble getting the film scrubbed off my Mako, probably 4 or 5 times with the toothpaste. Other than that minor issue, I love the mask.

I didn't really have issues, but I'd read about the fog issue up front, applied toothpaste 3 (4?) times and have had no issues with fogging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom