Oceanic logging software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhatDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Fellow Divers!

I'm not trying to double post, but was suggested by a forum goer that I repost my original question here. So here it goes...

I am looking at picking up the Oceanic OCS to replace my Mares Wide as I make a move to warmer waters.

The main feature that I like is the underwater compass, but I can't seem to find much information on the computer logging software it uses. The videos I've watched all say, "using commercially available dive software..."

Does this mean Oceanic doesn't produce a product specific interface?

Finally, regarding the underwater compass, does the computer record your bearings? In other words, if I download the log from a dive will I see something like this:

13:01PM Depth: 50ft Course: 274
13:02PM Depth: 52ft Course: 277
...etc...

TIA!

OceanLog is ok but not optimal. You can't customize your log view or the log output. I started using Diving Log 5.0. It's not free but works better and I was able to redesign the printed log page and pick and choose which fields appeared.

I use the Oceanic PP2.1. Not sure about any heading data recording.

InstaGator: Diving Log 5.0 looks like it has a lot of features. Thanks for sharing the link!

I was just curious about the logging of any of the compass functions. It seems to be a major selling point of the OCS and OC1 models, and not to include it in the dive data seems to be a huge down side.

Hmmm, anyone from Oceanic?

TIA,

PD

That would be cool but I doubt it does.
You might give them a call on the phone. I have always had an awesome experience when talking to them on the phone. On the internet or email not so much :(

OceanLog imports all data from the Pro Plus 2.1 (beginning, ending, and all intervals throughout the dive). My guesss is that Dive Log 5.0 would be similar.

Hello from SE Texas, y'all!

Just out of curiosity, will either the OceanLog or Dive Log 5.0 import the beginning and ending tank pressures from a Pro Plus 2.1?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom