Oceanic GT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tallen375

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a recall for the Oceanic GT3 and was wondering what this is going to cost and how long will it take to perform the fix?

Call the shop that you bought it from. My understanding is that the parts are free but the service may vary depending on what shop you take it to.

We purchaced them online from a dealer in Tampa. I have put in a call to a local dive shop but the repairman was out to lunch. Go Figure. Thanks for the reply.

If nothing more than the recall is done, that service should be absolutely free of charge. Oceanic will compensate your dealer for part if the labor.

Phil Ellis

Perhaps I am a little confused here. I know the CDX5 first stage was recalled the GT3 reg was not correct? I only took my CDX5 in for the upgrade, should my reg have gone too?

I find it unusual that you only took the first stage in. It easier for the tech to check it after the fix if the entire set up is there. The affected part is the high pressure seat which is in the first stage. I don't like to work on just the first stage. After any tear down it's nice to be able to breathe test the reg. At the very least the intermediate pressure should be checked as well. Was this done? And how did he/she breathe test it and check the IP after reassembling it?

Yes it turns out it was the first stage Regulator that had the recall. I took it to a dive shop that was listed on Oceanic Web Site. They did the upgrade free of charge. Thanks to all for the help...

Perhaps I am a little confused here. I know the CDX5 first stage was recalled the GT3 reg was not correct? I only took my CDX5 in for the upgrade, should my reg have gone too?

Yes, the CDX5 first stage is what needs to be serviced.

Taking the GT3 second stage in as well will help insure a proper service, but there is nothing in the GT3 that needs to be changed.

You're fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom