Oceanic Geo Mystery Symbol Log Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnQPS122

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know the meaning of this symbol? It is showing up in log mode as of yesterday, but doesn't appear in the dives prior to yesterday. Can't find it in the instruction book.

We're guessing it's there to indicate that the time of the dive is the alternate time on the computer, because we are in fact using them in alternate time mode since we are not in our home time zone. But that's just a guess.

oceanic_geo_mystery_symbol.jpg

Well, I some text in the manual that says a "lazy 8" symbol will appear by the time in log mode if the time selected was alternate time, which it is in my case, so I'm fairly certain that's what the mystery symbol is supposed to be.

It just does not look the same as the "lazy 8" symbol that appears on the main screen when showing alternate time - that lazy 8 has a dot in the middle of it. I don't know why they'd be different.

Mystery solved. It's nice to be able to open the manual as a pdf (from Oceanic's web site) and use the search function. There is no diagram showing this log-mode lazy 8 symbol, but searching for "log mode" and reading a bit revealed the info I needed.

Back
Top Bottom