Oceanic Geo 2.0 - Problem saving dives in Oceanlog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Markart

New
Reaction score
Hello guys, i have this strange problem with my pdc i hope someone can help me here.

I have my GEO 2.0 for 6 months and i used to download every week my dives to oceanlog 2.x without any problems. I also updated the firmware. I use the watch mainly for freediving.

Last week i tried to download my dives from the PCD and Oceanlog was recognising only 2 dives (one of which was my last dive).
Then i tried diving log 5.0 software to download the dives from the PCD which was successful as i downloaded more than 200 dives (mainly freediving). I unistalled and reinstall Oceanlog and the usb drivers, i even installed it in another computer and oceanlog was still recognising only 2 dives.
Then i thought of removing the battery from the pcd for one day to reset it, but GEO saved the time and my dives even after 1 day without battery!

My only suspicion to this problem is that my pcd has wet activation and when i enter in the sea last week for freediving the pcd became activated in normal mode (scuba diving). I tried to exit the normal mode (on the surface) and switch it to freediving but the pcd was showing the surface time and none of the buttons were doing anything to exit that mode, i could even switch to watch mode. When the surface time became 12 or 15 minutes the pcd enter the watch mode automatically and from there i switch it to freediving mode and it was working fine. Then i tried to download the dives and i had the problem mention above.

Apart from this i wanted to ask if is necessary to replace the o ring and put some silicone around it since i opened the battery cover in my attempt to reset the watch.

Another thing i noticed on the back of the pcd were is the battery there are 4 small holes in each 'corner'. Three of the holes have a screw inside, the right-top hole doesnt have anything inside. Can someone confirm if this is normal?

hello markart,
I have that Geo since some month aswell, but I just started using it - I am not very experienced on that yet, but I can confirm, that there are 3 screws, the 4th hole looks different, yes. I want to use it for freediving aswell - I will check, if I have the same problems as you have - despite that, are you content with it so far?

thanks.

Hello Mantadive,
I spoke with the official distributor in cyprus and they told my to change the sampling rate in scubadiving. accidentally i change it to 2 sec. now is working fine.
Regarding the screws they told me there are 4 screws but some of them maybe are covered with silicone thats why you cannot see them.
Apart from this i am happy with the computer and i will be even more happy if they upgrade their software to the same level as suunto software.
Is very annoying not to be able to export the dive graph in pdf or jpeg format

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom