Oceanic Geo 2.0 - Battery Door

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanoobi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got a Oceanic Geo 2.0 and was wondering if I have a problem with the battery door. The door is not flush with the back of the computer, there is a 1mm gap on one end and I can see part of the o-ring. The seal seems to be fine, just wondering if anybody who owns one can confirm that the battery door is flush with the unit or not.

I don't have any dives with this computer yet so can't comment on it's seal at depths.

Thanks

Mine has only the slightest of gaps at one side (the "pointy" side) and i can't see a thing under it. better safe than sorry, I'd remove the cover and re-install it.

ya, it's the pointy end. I've already re-installed it several times with no change. It will go flush if I apply some pressure but then pops right back up.

I can only see the o-ring if I look through the crack, it's not that obvious.

I just picked up my Geo 2.0 last week. To tell the truth I hadn't noticed much of a gap, but I just had a look. If I look at it side on I can see a tiny amount of light through the pointy end, but I'm not too concerned as it looks sealed where it matters. I haven't taken it into the water yet so I can't really say more than that.

Does the battery compartment area which pops out becomes uncomfortable when wearing it? I've seen some reviews online and saw the battery compartment area is not flat, like the D4 or any other watches.. Is this a problem? I'm contemplating a D4 or Geo 2 and the user replaceable battery is a great pull towards Geo.

I've worn mine for a few weeks as a watch without any discomfort. I'm not planning to use it as my normal watch ongoing, but just for dive holidays, so I'm confident it'll be fine.

i have only had mine for a couple of hours and have been wearing since i walked out of the store...doesn't feel any different than any g-shock or my old hyper aqualand.

Mine is the same. A small separation on the pointy end. I've got 4 dives logged on it and it still works, thankfully. :) Scubanoobie, did you ever do anything about it?

i have had my oceanic geo 2 for over a year and i needed to change the battery and i realised when closing the hatch i had the same problem! i read this thread.. phoned oceanic and its normal.. yay so don't worry =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom