oceanic farallon fins???? jetfin wannabe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the oceanic farallon fins? sizing? performance as compared to jetfins? A friend of mine has a pair he will sell me for much less than a pair of jetfins. OK, you get what you pay for, but are these "almost" as good as jetfins?

oceanic farallon - isn't that their name for a wetsuit?

sailbahama:
Does anyone have any experience with the oceanic farallon fins? sizing? performance as compared to jetfins? A friend of mine has a pair he will sell me for much less than a pair of jetfins. OK, you get what you pay for, but are these "almost" as good as jetfins?

wow... this kinda goes back a ways, but Farallon used to make fins and spring straps
back in the 70's, and then Oceanic bought them, but they stopped making
the straps after a while, and pretty much moved on with the fin design

i didn't know Oceanic was bringing back the Farallon name related to fins, and
after a brief search, i can't find anything... so... maybe it's a brand new development

however, Farallon did make fins that were remarkably like the Jet Fins:

http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/classic09.html?page=collectibles_fins_1&text=Collectible Fins

didn't mean to imply that they were making them anymore. I was wondering if anyone had a pair of the old ones and how they compared to jetfins.

H2Andy:
wow... this kinda goes back a ways, but Farallon used to make spring straps
back in the 70's, and then Oceanic bought them, but they stopped making
the straps after a while

i didn't know Oceanic was bringing back the Farallon name related to fins, and
after a brief search, i can't find anything... so... maybe it's a brand new development

however, Farallon did make fins that were remarkably like the Jet Fins:

http://www.discountdivers.com/fx/classic09.html?page=collectibles_fins_1&text=Collectible Fins

ah, i see

no clue

sailbahama:

They are the original jetfins from the 60's.. Scubapro bought Farralon out and continued to use the design..

Great fins, picked up a small pair for a friend for $14aud..

i thought Oceanic bought Farallon?

H2Andy:
i thought Oceanic bought Farallon?

I thought Dive Rite bought Farallon since they make their scooters now?

But I have been wrong before :D

For some reason I got the biggest laugh out of reading this thread so far... must just be the mood I'm in at the moment...

Since it sounds like they are the design ScubaPro used for the Jets, the primary difference may only be (other than the benefit of the "original" spring straps) slightly less stiff blades and a bit more negative in the water. Sounds like you have a good deal available if they fit you properly...

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Thanks for the pic H2Andy -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom