Oceanic Execursion BCD question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munclematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I noticed on the Oceanic website there was the possibility of sporting duals on the Oceainc Excursion BCD. Does anyone have any info on this like tank sizes restrictions? I saw the Bracket mount and I can get that. If anyone have any information on this that would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at purchasing some doubles soon.

IMO, While you can use the excursion with doubles, I bet you will quickly find that you don't want to. My experience in trying to use doubles on an older model of Oceanic BCD (Which also used that bracket) was that it places the doubles a little off the back and as a result it allows the doubles to feel as if they are moving around a little and not all that stable. I also found that it made me feel like the doubles wanted to turtle me easier. One last thing, while the Excursion is a great BCD with lots of attachment poitns (my shop sells them) if your going into doubles I can assume your getting into technical diving, trust me when I tell you, you'll appreciate the adaptability and extra comfort you'll get with a Backplate and wing over the Excursion. My advice make the switch to a BP and Wing for your doubles and keep the Excusrion for your OW diving if you don't want to move your BP and wing from one set to another.

yeah that was what i was thinking also. I have heard the same points. My only problem is that I dont want to pay for a BP and wing even though it would be great to have. I am putting in my navy Diver Package soon and they Navy is should be supplying me with a lot of that stuff and what not. I havent even started to do any Tech diving yet either so I might look in to that aspect a little more. Thanks for the info though

Diving any recreational bc that is really not designed for doubles is at the least less than an optimal choice. No matter what the manufacturer says that adapter is not the best choice for diving doubles. If you are not willing to invest the money for the proper gear it's best to just dive singles and let the navy train you and buy your gear. Trying to make do usually results in no fun, safety issues, and other non desirable fresults.

Hey thanks JimLap. Yeah. I might look on some garage sale type stuff and buy a BP/W from a buddy. That would be cheaper and he is a good diver too. Dont spend what you dont have right

Just do it right..pun intended :)

Of course. Besides you need to sell off your stuff so you can mask the camera right. Gabe was telling me about that thing. Pretty cool. Do you still have the BP/W or are they gone? i am in Korea and will be for a while then heading to Japan and possibly guam. Wont be back until the start of Janurary most likly. Let me know. If not I am wanting to do rescue diver class as well.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom