Oceanic EOS/FDX-10 Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkkchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Excellent condition Oceanic EOS regulator with FDX-10 first stage.

Oceanic's top of the line regulator and really a great reg. It has about 20 dives on it and only shows minor surface scratches on the chrome ring on the second stage (the chrome looks nice but seems to scratch easy!).

Only selling because I just received another regulator as a gift and cannot justify keeping both.

$400

Sorry. When I had posted the original FOR SALE, I had mentioned it has the original factory warranty. However I was notified that the Oceanic warranty is only good for the original owner.

I am more than happy to take care of any necessary warranty issues if they were to come up, for the new owner.

So I stand correct. Foot+mouth.

In the original post there was no sign of an edit, it normally says something about that.

Sorry. When I had posted the original FOR SALE, I had mentioned it has the original factory warranty. However I was notified that the Oceanic warranty is only good for the original owner.

I am more than happy to take care of any necessary warranty issues if they were to come up, for the new owner.

The problem with you taking care of warranty issues is that it would become a annual problem because Oceanic's parts kits are free to the original purchaser for the annual inspection/rebuild.

OK so why couldnt just get the recipt from the original owner take them to the oceanic dealer and pretend to be the orginal owner or simply say your Dropping them off for him and picking them up as long you have the proper warranty card and recipt's going with it. you should be able to get it done.

First that would be a shady way of doing things! (pun intended)
You probably then would be required to use cash to pay for the work since the credit card would have a different name.
I don't know about you but as a fairly active diver I'm known in my LDS'
The LDS want to make what they are entitled to and if I were them I'm be verifying legit warranty status.
Better yet take them and give a receipt for it when the regs are done require ID to verify warranty or get paid for the parts.
As you can see this could open a can of worms.

The problem with you taking care of warranty issues is that it would become a annual problem because Oceanic's parts kits are free to the original purchaser for the annual inspection/rebuild.

Keep in mind, the LDS may or may not participate in the program also......

OK so why couldnt just get the recipt from the original owner take them to the oceanic dealer and pretend to be the orginal owner or simply say your Dropping them off for him and picking them up as long you have the proper warranty card and recipt's going with it. you should be able to get it done.

Huh, imagine that..... shady in the screen name.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom