Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 3 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mew

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an old Datamax Pro Plus before they added nitrox and want to get a nitrox capable unit so am looking at computers again. I liked diving the the PP and had no problems with it. The liberal tables were fine and fit well with my air consumption. However, I have been told by two LDS that they did not recommend the PP 3 as Oceanic has had issues with quality control lately and they are not as reliable as they used to be. The Wisdom 3 has similar algorithm and seems fine but another thread today seems to indicate they also are having quality control issues. And no, I dont base an opinion on one thread but just noticed it. What are peoples experiences with newer PP 2.1 and the PP 3.0?

One can only relate personal experience. My family has had several Pro Plus and then Pro Plus 2. The Pro Plus 2 are still in service and working perfectly. I switched to VT3 in July 2010 and it is perfect through 360 dives. Your mileage may vary, I've had excellent experience with Oceanic computers

Back
Top Bottom