Oceanic Data Plus 2 Blinking "H" after start up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

23dorado

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The computer starts normally and after the self check they unit locks up, flash an "H" in the top center of the screen and then shuts off. This happens occasionally and sometimes it will start and function just fine.

The back light is also not functioning. Any thoughts on to what might be causing this?

Send it in for service. Mine did something similar and Oceanic told me that it is basically a built in fail sage mode where the computer does a self check and then shuts down preventing use. It really is not good that yours sometimes operates as going into lock out on a expensive trip at 80 ft would really suck.

Thanks. Does Oceanic actually monitor this section? I also sent them an email on Monday and it's unanswered so far.

Give them a call on the phone. it's the fastest and most reliable way to reach them.

Oceanic Worldwide - 800-435-3483

Back
Top Bottom