Oceanic computers ... does "500 psi" mean "500 psi", or ...??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Never mind .... post deleted

I might know what the OP was asking...I have questions as well. I use an Oceanic VT3. After I dowload a dive, I notice a difference between the ending pressure under "Dive" and the "Dive Details". One dive (4/24 for my memory jog) I just looked at shows end pressure of 466 PSI under "Dive" and looking at "Dive Details" I see one line showing 23.8 FT with 468 PSI, and the next line shows 24.2 FT and 462 PSI. Two second logging, linked the entire time prior to. Why does the "Dive" show and ending pressure when I was at 23 or 24 FT? The 24.2 FT was at 47 minutes, 26 seconds. At 49 minutes, 38 seconds I lost link for ten seconds.

Last line logged in "Dive Details" was at 54 minutes, 4 seconds at 7.3 ft and 196 PSI. Major difference between the ending pressure in "Dive" and the last line logged in "Dive Details", why?

Another dive (4/16 for my memory jogging)..."Dive Details" shows 0 PSI at 48 minutes 4 seconds at 18.9 FT, and I am descending. Last line logged shows 48 minutes 42 seconds at 5 FT, 0 PSI. Linked the entire dive. And I don't believe I was at 0 PSI. "Dive" shows ending pressure was 188 PSI, which according to "Dive Details" occured in minute 45.

Why the differences?

Unless I am confused, I can't see how an out of calibration situation could cause what I am seeing.

I am just baffled, and would really like to understand what the VT3 is telling me.

Thanks,

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom