Oceanic Bioflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a lot of gear off of a diver. The BCD is a Bioflex. I don't know all there is to know about all scuba gear so I have a question. I assume this BC is a back inflation type (I have a new jacket type) and it has one bottom dump. Behind the pockets are open slots where it looks loke integrated weights might go. There is a plastic piece sewn in on both sides that have a "funnel" shaped hole on them. Any idea what these might be used for?
Thanks for any help or info,
Steve

Yes that is for weight pockets. Oceanic has changed designs for current models but an Oceanic dealer should be able to get them for you. Also, Bioflex refers to the fabric of the BC not the BC model. BC models include Chute, Islander, Probe, Excursion, Oceanpro, etc... Their are a couple of different weight pouches depending on what BC you have.

Let me know if you have any questions and I am sure Doug will correct any thing that I said that needs correcting:wink:

Dale

Thanks Dale.
The only other name on the BC is "Chute 1". I guess that's the model. That's on a triangular patch up on the right strap. I.d sure like to get the weight pockets for it!
Thanks again,
Steve

Oops I forgot you said it was back bladder, would have narrowed down my list a bit. I think the part # is 08.0093.16 (Weight Pocket - Pre QLR Chute). Once again Doug might correct this.

Dale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom