Oceanic Atom 3.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyscience

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So it seems after years of waiting this watch is finally about to debut. And the dumped say they are trying to release it for DEMA which is only a few days away.

Anyone have any more info on it?

Is it going to have a new and updated UI like the Mares Icon HD or the Atomic Colbalt.

I've decided that the Atom 2.0 is the DC for me, but I wish for a UI that is mch more appealing and in color and hope that the Atom 3.0 takes care of this, so I might hold out.

It would be nice if they updated the way the wireless transmitters actually transmit the info to the DC as there have obviously been some issues with connectivity over the years. Maybe the new one will have the much better version of blutooth?

Please please drop the new Atom 3 at DEMA! I have been holding out for this as well.

Oceanic reps, any juicy info for us? ...not getting my hopes up :wink:
Jacob

There's an old thread from '08 on the Atom 3.0, but it's got recent posts in which some new features are detailed. You want pages 5 to 7 of this thread. Doug Krause posted a list of some of the new features:
* Dual Algorithm
* Deep Stop
* 3 Nitrox Mixes, all to 100%
* Elapsed dive time (EDT) displayed on main
* Air time remaining (ATR) displayed on main, in addition to "dive time remaining" - the lesser of no deco time, ATR or O2 saturation
* EDT displayed during high PO2
* Improved user-interface with Step Back
* History
* Safety stop – auto + manual
* Gauge Mode with Run Timer
* Last Dive Display
* Data Retention
* Firmware Update Ready

It's later said there's no digital compass function. It's a sharp looking thing; you can see it in that thread.

Richard.

Thanks I took a look at that thread and jumped in for updates.

It is no doubt a very sharp looking bezel. But I wish they updated the UI for the 21st century already like the Mares Icon HD or the Atomic Colbalt.

That really makes me just want to get a 2.0 when the 3.0's drop to get a great deal. If it had a new colored UI I'd jump on it for sure as I think the Atom line is one of the best when it comes to features.

I'm not knowledgable enough to really know or understand the upgrades the 3.0 has other wise. Doesn't seem like anything major, buy I'm sure the upgrades make it a more fluid working watch.

I see no digital compass still, but apparently these aren't even as technically advanced as they should be to warrant the huge price spike on PDC that have them.

It will be interesting to see what the price is. I'd hope for around $700. Any more than that and I'd just go with the Mares Icon HD.

Until I can afford a $1000+ DC, it will probably be an Atom 2.0 when the prices drop to make room for 3.0. I may even buy used and get an absolute steal.

..... Does anyone know anything?

According to THIS POST, the ATOM 3.0 is only a few weeks away ....

In fact ... we just released the online class for the ATOM 3.0 (and according to THIS OTHER POST, Oceanic is giving away free access to the class).

Also .... we have "unlocked" the ATOM 3.0 in the simulator (Oceanic has been testing it for quite some time ....)

Atom3_first%20dive.jpg

AND we have marked the ATOM 3.0 as "default" gear, so it is available for free - in the simulator - to everyone .... until the official launch.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hello,

I have to buy a new dive computer latest by the end of March....I like this new model but it's not available yet...

Does any body know what is the latest schedule of the launch?

Thanks,
Zsolt

:idk: i purchased an Atom 2.0 a few weeks ago and was just told that Oceanic is upgrading my purchase to a 3.0 for no charge. I just have to wait for it to ship/be released. i have a dive trip in 5 weeks. i thought purchasing 2 months in advance of my trip would have been sufficient. i need to get some practice on this thing before my trip. any news of a release/ship date yet? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom