Closed: Oceanic Atom 3.0 w/Transmitter, data cable, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Note: No, I am not interested in selling the transmitter by itself.

I bought this computer and transmitter brand new from my local dive shop in Dec of 2014, right after I got my OW certification. It has served me well since then, everywhere from the local pool and quarry to Canada, Mexico, and Hawaii. I am not sure exactly how many dives it has logged. I have 230 in my log book, but I don't count dips in the pool and I merge most training dives in the quarry so that several short dives in one day are only counted as one. But, I have not used this computer for many dives in the last couple of years, as I've mostly done more tech diving and used my tech computers for those dives.

So, I would guess it has somewhere around 200-ish dives on it. Looking at the Log on it, it doesn't seem to give me a way to see a total number or anything like that. It just lets me scroll through the individual dives.

The Atom 3.0 is identical to the Atom 3.1 except for one feature. The 3.0 has the Buddy Check feature that allows you to use a transmitter to monitor your own tank pressure and another to monitor your buddy's tank pressure. Somebody sued Oceanic for patent infringement over that feature, so Oceanic removed the Buddy Check feature from the Atom and called it the 3.1. That is the only difference (other than maybe color). Don't ask me how the Buddy Check feature works. I've never used it. The computer supports up to 3 transmitters, but I have only ever used 1 with it. It does support Nitrox, also. And it allows you to choose between 2 different algorithms for calculating your NDL. It offers DSAT and PelagicZ+. PZ+ is more conservative. I have only used it set for DSAT. DSAT has a reputation for being one of the most liberal algorithms on the market, yielding the longest NDL times.

You can see in the pictures that there is a "dome cover" for it that fits over the whole face and wraps around to cover all 4 buttons. I have had that on it since it was new, so the face and bezel are pretty much like new. There are some light scratches around the outside sides of the bezel in some areas.

I also switched to a NATO strap when it was new, so I have the original band (grey) and a factory replacement band (black) that are also like new. They both have the extensions to let you use them over a drysuit sleeve, and there is an extra set of strap pins. There is also an extra battery compartment cover for the Atom.

The transmitter has definitely seen more dives than the computer. It has never had an issue and the original battery was in there and still showing as good when I checked it today. However, it was long past the manufacturer's recommended replacement schedule, so I replaced the battery in the transmitter and lubed the transmitter battery compartment O-ring today.

I had never replaced the transmitter battery, but I did replace the Atom's battery 3 or 4 times. The last time was in the last 6 months or so, so I left that battery alone. There is a new Energizer battery for the Atom included.

The transmitter is FCC ID: MH8A, so it will work with any of the many computers on the market these days that use that PPS transmitter. I have used this transmitter with my Shearwater Perdix AI and Teric as well as the Atom and the Hollis TX-1 that I had for a while.

The battery compartment tool and the USB data cable are also included.

The NATO strap I have been using is also included. It's a bit of a pain to put that strap on. It's tricky to get it to fit under the stock strap pins. So, I left it on. It is very easy to remove and replace with a stock strap, if you want.

Also included is a neoprene pouch that the computer by itself fits in, that I used for protecting it while the computer was in my reg bag.

And there is a stick-on screen protector that will just cover the computer's screen itself, but not the bezel or buttons, if you prefer that to the dome cover.

Pictures are below. The first picture is with the dome cover mounted on the computer. Then I took it off so you can see the computer itself.

I would like to get $500 for the whole kit, shipped in the CONUS.

2019-02-02 12.59.22.jpg
2019-02-02 13.00.57.jpg
2019-02-02 13.01.04.jpg
2019-02-02 13.01.09.jpg
2019-02-02 13.01.14.jpg

Hi Stuart,

That's about the most detailed computer for sale post I've ever seen. You forgot to mention that you are including the computer download cable. It goes for $100 a la carte. If I didn't already have 3 Oceanic AI computers and transmitters, I would think about myself. The transmitters are highly desirable.

Good diving, Craig

Edit, my mistake, I see you listed the cable, I missed it :) I should have known

Hi Stuart,

That's about the most detailed computer for sale post I've ever seen. You forgot to mention that you are including the computer download cable. It goes for $100 a la carte. If I didn't already have 3 Oceanic AI computers and transmitters, I would think about myself. The transmitters are highly desirable.

Good diving, Craig

LOL And I'm sure you would have expected no less. Ha ha! :D

I guess I should mention that I would sell the computer by itself. And, if that happens, then I will sell the transmitter by itself.

If anyone wants just the computer (with everything except the transmitter), I'm thinking $250, shipped CONUS.

Sent pm,at least I think I did, started private conversation

Computer and accessories are sold.

AI Transmitter is still for sale. I posted a new thread just for that.

Back
Top Bottom