Oceanic Atom 2...Is it me or what!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks N2DeepInAz for that. I've been on a couple of dives with it now and one of the guys on the boat has the same DC so between everyone on here and the guy on the boat I'm finally on my way. :D

Thanks everyone for your help.

I think the manual was written lawyers... and specifically lawyers that have never read a manual before.

I've been a computer programmer for 15 years and most of the time I just push random buttons on the thing rather than look at that manual again.

I'm a lawyer...and its incomprehensible to me. The order makes no sense, and the same things are repeated over and over saying what will happen in certain modes, but without actually telling you how to get into that mode, or what to press to make those things happen, etc. (an aside I'm also a computer engineer by degree.)

Ok, so we've ruled out lawyers.

When I was in the army, I worked on a teletype where the parts catalog listed everything in factory assembly order. Well at least that's what we were guessing it was. (Pre-internet of course.)

Maybe it was written by that guy?

Also just to be clear. Love the computer, just wish it came with a manual. I can tolerate the OceanLog software, but I wish they would bring in a decent database programmer to rebuild it. Oooo do I get one more wish now? :p

Only thing I've found is Dive Computer Training

I'm guessing the crappy manual is the reason this training is the 3rd highest priced on that site.

I haven't taken that training yet cause I think Oceanic should be paying for it since they did not include a useful manual. So I cant give any ratings on it.

I wont be buying another Oceanic computer till after I've been able to play with the computer and/or read the manual.

Why the <bad word> does my computer keep getting stuck in gauge mode?

Thanks for your willingness to help newer divers like myself N2DeepInAz! I have owned my Atom 2.0 for a few months now. I recently did a dive in Curacao, but could not seem to connect by DC to TMT1. After 30 minutes of trying, I went with a hose and analog gauges instead. Since then, I have changed the batteries on the DC and TMT, read the manual thoroughly, and made several attempts to sync them, but with no success.

I completely agree, the manual needs to be rewritten to make more sense because I had to go through the TMT sync page several times to feel like I even knew what the instructions were trying to tell me!! I've played around with the watch for hours and just can't seem to get to the section on the DC to even display TMT1 so I can attempt to input the S/N. Either I'm doing something seriously wrong, or my DC's "S" button does not function the way it's supposed to.

Please HELP!!

Thanks for your willingness to help newer divers like myself N2DeepInAz! I have owned my Atom 2.0 for a few months now. I recently did a dive in Curacao, but could not seem to connect by DC to TMT1. After 30 minutes of trying, I went with a hose and analog gauges instead. Since then, I have changed the batteries on the DC and TMT, read the manual thoroughly, and made several attempts to sync them, but with no success.

I completely agree, the manual needs to be rewritten to make more sense because I had to go through the TMT sync page several times to feel like I even knew what the instructions were trying to tell me!! I've played around with the watch for hours and just can't seem to get to the section on the DC to even display TMT1 so I can attempt to input the S/N. Either I'm doing something seriously wrong, or my DC's "S" button does not function the way it's supposed to.

Please HELP!!

1. At the clock/date screen, hold down the M (Upper left) button until it says NORM.
2. Hold down BOTH A (Lower left) button AND S (Upper right) button until it says Set F, then let go of the buttons.
3. Hold down both A button and S button again until it says Set A, then let go.
4. Hold down both A button and S button again until it says Set U, then let go.
5. Press A button 8 times until you see TMT1. "ON" should be blinking. If "OFF" is blinking, press S button once so "ON" is blinking.
6. Press A button 1 time, and the first digit of six should be blinking. Press S until the first number matches the first number of your transmitters serial number. Then press A to go to the next number and repeat until all six numbers match your TMT serial number.
7. Go dive! Next time you pressurize your TMT, your Atom should show pressure as long as it is close enough.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: JRO
Ok Wah..any chance you want to put together a flow chart, sell it for 5 bucks a pop and get some loot out of us Atom 2.0 users?

In the meantime, do you have a step by step on setting nitrox percentages?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom