Oceanic ATOM 2.0 / OceanLog - Can't download dive data

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepbrew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, first off, let me start by saying that I have had an ATOM 2 for quite a while and have successfully downloaded 126 dives to my PC via the OceanLog software, so I would like to think I know what I am doing.

Now, I am currently on my 2nd ATOM 2. The original was sent back to the manufacturer in June of 2009 under warranty b/c it would only download some of the dives... say 6 out of the 12 or so on it at the time. The other dive data would stay "in queue". The sampling rate was set for 30s. When I sent it back, Oceanic decided it was defective and sent me a brand new unit for no charge b/c it was under warranty.

Sounds great right? Well I just used that new computer last week on 6 dives. It worked brilliantly under water. Today I tried to download the dive data and it won't download any of the dives. They all are "in queue". Once again, sampling rate is 30s. I am using OceanLog Version 2.2.5 Built 05-08-09.

I really don't want to send it back to Oceanic only to get the same response. Another problem is my warranty expired 7/1/09. Thirdly, I have an Oriskany trip coming up and I need my computer for it.

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, a solution?

Last edited:
I remember having a similar problem when I had my Pro Plus 2 swapped out. If I remember correctly, I had to read the computer's settings into OceanLog before it would do anything because the serial numbers were different than what it was expecting.

It would read fine if I created a new log file but I wanted to continue adding to the database rather than starting over. Sounds like what you're experiencing.

Ken

could be what siiki is saying, my problem was with the driver i had installed not being the right one it was for an older atom i think. I would start with those 2, oceanics customer service may be able to walk you through it on the phone even though its outa warrenty

Thanks guys. I will play around with it tonight and if that doesn't work, I will call Oceanic tomorrow. I wouldn't doubt it if the serial number thing is it...

You are welcome. I found their tech support to be quite helpful.

Ken

Well it turns out that is not the problem. The OceanLog software was already aware of the ATOM 2.0's serial and revision numbers. It still won't download the dives, even though it sees them. I guess I will have to give Oceanic another call. I just hope it doesn't end up in the same "mail it to us so we can check it out response". This would be my 4th time if that is the case... 2 on ATOM 1s and 2 on ATOM 2s.

Well I spoke with Mark in their tech support. He has had the same problem. I had to make a new dive log and it appears to work now. He said I should be able to import my old dive data but I get an error when doing so. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

atleast you have your dive data transfered, you could title the logs for annually just so you can keep them for reference knowing about when you did a similar dive or whatever to compare

The OceanLog software reminds me of Roatan...lots of bugs. Since I like Roatan in spite of the bugs, I can live with the software as well.

Back
Top Bottom