Oceanic ATOM 2.0 Consumer Notice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Azza,
If you have your manual for the Atom 1.0 you might want to refer to pages 20 through 27. The Atom 1.0 has as well as the 2.0 have the capability of monitoring 2 time zones. The main time screen and an alternate time screen. Either one of these can be set as a default. If you haven't set the alternate time zone, you might have accidentally set that as the default. If this is what has happened then If a certain amount of time has elapsed, 2 minutes in this case, and no buttons have been pushed, the computer will revert back to the default screen which would be the alternate screen in this case. If the alternate screen had not been set then it could seem like it is resetting itself. If anyone knows different and I am way off base, please let me know for I am always learning.

visibilityunlimited:
Hi Azza,
If you have your manual for the Atom 1.0 you might want to refer to pages 20 through 27. The Atom 1.0 has as well as the 2.0 have the capability of monitoring 2 time zones. The main time screen and an alternate time screen. Either one of these can be set as a default. If you haven't set the alternate time zone, you might have accidentally set that as the default. If this is what has happened then If a certain amount of time has elapsed, 2 minutes in this case, and no buttons have been pushed, the computer will revert back to the default screen which would be the alternate screen in this case. If the alternate screen had not been set then it could seem like it is resetting itself. If anyone knows different and I am way off base, please let me know for I am always learning.

Nope, Total reboot and reset.
Both Time zones reset and the computer goes, as near as I can tell, back to factory default settings. Interestingly enough, it keeps the transmitter in memory so it keeps reading pressure after the reset.

Doug Krause:
Contact our Customer Service Department to arrange return for evaluation and/or service or upgrade.

(800) 435-3483

In the process Doug.
I called the other day but we were disconnected.
I will try again on Monday

Thanks

Ohoh, another trip to a LDS for a recalled product. I do respect and trust a company that announces an voluntary recall. Wish I would have found this earlier though.

Thanks Doug.

Anyhow, what exactly needs to be done here, and is there any other process or steps we should watch for to ensure our recall service has been done correctly so we can responsibly check our gear? Is there anything here that would need to get fixed in/by an annual service anyhow?

If nothing else, I would expect my LDS to show me the recalled reg and computer on a tank reading the correct pressure and firmware version, as well as explaining what they did to my ATOM and FDX10 during the recall/service.

What else should I ask about?

The recall is just a firmware update. If you haven't noticed the glitch yet, I doubt you will. It applies to an incredibly small percentage of Atom2 users.

When did you purchase your Atom2, and what is your firmware revision? Is your serial number greater than 2079?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom