Oceanic ATOM 2.0 - Can't hear audible alarm while diving and LCD flicker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markm09

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can't hear audible alarm while diving
----------------------------------------------------------
Everything works quite well except I simply cannot hear the audible alarm such as Turn Pressure at 110bar or the
End Pressure I set to 40 bar.
The Audible Dive alarm is set to ON.

By chance on one dive I glanced at the watch at the right time and saw the Red Led flashing for the Turn Alarm.
Put the watch to my ear (had a hood on though) and still could not hear it.
I could easily hear my buddies computer alarm (Uwatec Smart Com) from 2 metres away.

The daily alarm and timer, as part of the normal watch functions I can hear fine on the surface.

Would just like to confirm if the alarm sound is normally so low underwater ??
Or if there is something wrong I may have to send it back to the UK as Oceanic in Australia have said they cannot
honour the warranty since I did not buy it locally.

LCD Flicker
-----------------
The other thing is whenever the seconds tick over to 58/59 secs, there is an ever so slight flicker on some
of the LCD segments. Doesnt seem to cause a problem but wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Regs,
Mark

I have the Atom 2.0, and for me the alarm almost never goes off, but the time it did it was quiet, but noticeable. I was also not wearing a hood and was drift diving. That said I always hear my buddy's going off (VT3) who never hears it. Knowing that every time I hear an alarm if it is my Buddy I let them know. Did your buddy hear yours going off?

It's normal. After diving for a few dives you get used to hearing it....It would be nice to have a volume control for the alarm as when there is a lot of noise you don't notice sometimes....

Nope, my Buddy didnt hear my ATOM alarm either.
Went on another dive a few days ago, still didnt hear it, but just glanced at it every now and then which seems fine.
Although I noticed with a hood on, the breathed out bubbles sound louder and could be masking the alarms from it.
Will have to try again without the hood when it gets warmer.

Back
Top Bottom