Oceanic Alpha?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belairbrian

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got a flyer advertising an Oceanic "Alpha/CDX5" The picture looks like my sons Alpha8. But it never mentioned the "8". I do know it looks different from my alpha7.
Is there such a thing as just an "Alpha"?

If it is indeed a CDX-5 and an Alpha 8, it is a very nice reg - good value for the $$$.

This was my first reg, until somebody stole it whilst in the trusted care of AA - still waiting for the cheque that will never come, but I digress.....:shakehead:

I like it so much, I just bought the exact setup for my pony, and for my wife. Reliable, inexpensive, an easy breather. The reg I bought to replace my stolen one, BTW, was the CDX-5 paired with an Omega II, which is really an awsome reg - I think it is discontinued, though.

LesiurePro had what you are looking at on their site for around $150 - that's where I got the two sets recently.....

Thanks. I thought it was. I currently have an sp4 with an alpha7 and my son has an SP5 with an alpha 8. I ordered the cdx5 and alpha for $149 this morning and this afternoon it went up to $169.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom