Ocean Wreck Divers Scuba Flea Market, NJ, 03/06/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JG109

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ocean Wreck Divers dive club proudly announces our Scuba Market
Sunday, MARCH 6, 2022, 9 am to 1 pm,
Toms River Intermediate School SOUTH, Beachwood, New Jersey.
Dive shops, Dive boat Captains, private sellers.
New/Used gear for sale, catch up with dive buddies.
Plan your 2022 DIVE ADVENTURES
Gear you don't need? Sell it for cash!
Just certified and can't afford gear? Buy at a big discount!
Tables are still available! Door prizes.
www.oceanwreckdivers.com, click on flea market tab on top of page for FAQs.
You can also email at events@oceanwreckdivers.com.

I might just get a table this year. I have a lot of miscellaneous dive stuff that is taking up space. I don't like to see things being underused.

The tipping point for getting a table was when I watched how much fun some vendors had while haggling over ridiculously low prices. There is a lot of 'sport' in this annual event...

Question:

I have a bunch of tanks/cylinders that I no longer dive, they are going to the meet-up. (I'm saving my 'go-to' tanks for myself.) Shipping tanks is a pain and cuts deeply into their discounted value. No interest in shipping them whatsoever.

So, do I hydro the bunch and then ask what they are worth at flea market prices or take a hit on what I know is good and sell as-is and out of hydro? Opinions???

Question:

I have a bunch of tanks/cylinders that I no longer dive, they are going to the meet-up. (I'm saving my 'go-to' tanks for myself.) Shipping tanks is a pain and cuts deeply into their discounted value. No interest in shipping them whatsoever.

So, do I hydro the bunch and then ask what they are worth at flea market prices or take a hit on what I know is good and sell as-is and out of hydro? Opinions???
It is my opinion that you’ll never get the money back from hydro. Sell them for $50 and walk away.

I wish I was closer. I have the stuff from a liveaboard to get rid of.

You might need two tables. :)
I gave away a 20 foot cargo container full of stuff when I left Key West. Most of what I have is really liveaboard stuff. Video cameras, still cameras, 50 foot long hoses, lots of dive ladders and shot lines.

It's not THAT far! :wink: (I have family below Petersburg and the eastern shore route is low stress)

Question:

Agreed, I would just sell "As Is". Hydro, VIP, air, etc might run $60.

Two most important things IMO are 1) clean your gear, nothing more of a deal breaker price lowerer than filthy gear and 2) price to sell w some haggle room (if you don't want to carry it home).

Unfortunately, due to extrememly high fixed costs and lower than hoped table sales, the Ocean Wreck Divers Market, 03/06/22, is CANCELLED.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom