Question Ocean Reef Neptune II Regulator Tuning and Freeflow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timmyjane

Contributor
Reaction score
How do you tune these FFMs? I got a new to me mask but it’s super hard to breath. It’s better if you have your head at just the right spot but then it free flows like crazy with just a little bit more head tilt. Just doesn’t seem right. I took the reg apart and changed the orings out and greased it up. Now just need to finalize the setup. Checked the double hose files but didn’t see anything in there. Thanks for any assistance.

I always found FFM hard to adjust. I remember the NIRA was easiest to dial in face down. Otherwise make sure everything else is attached where it is supposed to be and the first stage is giving you the correct intermediate pressure.

Maybe the attached will help.

Attachments

• Neptune II - Schematics (1999).pdf
    377.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Nira - Service Manual (2001).pdf
    50.2 KB · Views: 39
Very nice. Thank you. These docs will definitely help. While watching a video last night I saw the use of a maghenelic adapter on a removed regulator. That made sense to me. I am working on making the adapter now. I will post the files here once completed and tested.
Perhaps a properly adjuster regulator will help with the free flow issue but I think not. Seems this is an issue that many people have complained about. I see somewhere that you could replace the exhaust valve with a more modern valve but I can’t seem to find parts for these masks anywhere online. Ocean reef doesn’t have parts on their website either. Not sure where to do any shopping.

Tuned the Nira to 1.3 on the Meg per the manual. Once in the pool I had to really close the air off or she free flowed like crazy. I think I saw something about the Neptune being tuned to over 2 from the Ocean Reef guys. I’ll start digging. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. Still want to know how to solve it from free flowing if you put your head the wrong way. That is a really silly issue.

Back
Top Bottom