Ocean Master Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the OceanMaster View 3 mask and like it very much. High volume mask and purge valve works very well.

They just changed the purge valve on this mask and I have not tried the new one yet.

I've used one about 3 years, with no problems. The best feature is the Q-Strap. It's easy on, and easy tighten and very comfortable.

The Q-Strap is the best thing for mask and the purge valve is also great for clearing water without hands.

After trying about 10 different masks at the LDS, I found that the V3 fit me best and cleared very easy. Ditto on the the Q-Straps being a great feature. I have had no problems with the purge valve in the past year that I've had the mask.

Chris

I really like the equalizer Z2 mask. It fits me well, rarely leaks, and is comfortable. At first I tried the Z4, which has side windows, but I preferred the Z2. The side windows offer a distorted view, you see about 5 feet behind you, and cause the mask to be of higher volume (takes more effort to clear).

I don't use the purge much, but my dive buddy uses it a lot. It doesn't work well for me, but works great for her (I think because my nose is wider than hers). It is a good mask regardless of the purge though, because it is sturdy, well-fitting ) for me, and has a great strap. It doesn't offer the wide view of some of the big eyed masks out there, but I think it tends to leak less because of the conservative design (though I only compared it to the Mares X-Vision).

Fox

Yes, another vote for this type of mask. I really like mine and would recommend it. Just make sure you keep up with traditional mask clearing skills in case the purge valve gets sand in it...which can happen...but not for me yet.

Scubamax

scubamax:
Yes, another vote for this type of mask. I really like mine and would recommend it. Just make sure you keep up with traditional mask clearing skills in case the purge valve gets sand in it...which can happen...but not for me yet.

Scubamax

I join in on the positive comments on the q strap and the purge valve used the set up the past year and have had no problems. The strap is a pleasure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom