Occidential Grande / Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perfect1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings from North Carolina, I have planned a dive trip to Cozumel for Ocober of this year. If anyone can give me some first hand information on Occidential Grande and their dive operation, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. See you on the bottom.:rofl3: :rofl3:

The Occidental Grand is our favorite AI souther resort. Facilities and food are top notch. I've used their dive op, Dive Palancar, a number of times. It is a good op but they do limit bottom times to stay on their 4 single tank dive schedule. Deep dive are cut at 35 to 40 minutes (bottom time) and shallow dive run about 45 minutes. Their night dive may go 50 minutes. We usually dive in the morning with one of the smaller op that allow longer bottom times and the do some shallow afternoon and night dives with Dive Palancar. Don't miss the opportunity to do some night dives on the southern shallow reefs. Bring locks for the gear lockers.

The OG has 2 specialty dining rooms that are excellent but require long pants and proper shoes (no flip-flops). So don't forget to pack eatin' britches.:D

Back
Top Bottom