OC1 successfully updated to 1D.03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BjFaeTorphins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just successfully updated my OC1 to the lastest (v1D.03) ROM. It went very smoothly even retaining all of my logged dives (but not the current time).

There was one minor hitch where it needed one retry of the actually new ROM install but the installer handled this.

One of the fixes in v1D talks about the "Phantom Max Depth" problem I had logged against one of my dives. When I checked the dive in the log on the OC1 this still had the incorrrect Max Depth so I guess the fix only applies to dives done with v1D.

I had not heard of this update and it isn't listed on the Oceanic "worldwide" webpage. I am wondering what issues does it address besides the phantom max depth you previously experienced, and where did you obtain the download?

I had not heard of this update and it isn't listed on the Oceanic "worldwide" webpage. I am wondering what issues does it address besides the phantom max depth you previously experienced, and where did you obtain the download?

The download is accessible through the most recent Oceanlog software.

As MarineResearch says it appeared as an available update via Oceanlog when running the automatic updater. The installer gives a list of the fixes.

after installing I wanted to have another look at the list of fixes and noticed that the Oceanic website does not have this release on it.

That was kind of silly of me, I guess. When I saw this about the update, I went and checked the website and didn't even think of checking the oceanlog program.

Did the update over the weekend although I wasn't experiencing any of the problems addressed in the update.

Sorry, we are a bit behind... you'll find release details in the application - and they'll be added to the site shortly.

There is also a .txt file in the "Oceanic\Oceanlog 2.x" folder that describes the update.

Back
Top Bottom