OC1 lens protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Doug:

I have been enjoying the OC1 a lot (at least as much as I can having not been diving with it since November).

We have several Oceanic dive computers in my family. We like using those little mylar lens protectors, just for a bit of added protection for the computer face. So I was wondering if you could help me sort out which ones are the same?

I see from the Oceanic website that the Geo and Geo 2 use the 8106 model protector, and the Atom uses an 8107, but I can't find a listing for the OC1. I am guessing it is the same as the Atom, but I figured you could tell me for sure.

Thanks

Doug:
I've tried to get an answer from Oceanic twice and never got a reply. These lens protectors are a rather poor grade mylar, they scratch easily and often was off after a few dives. I'm pretty sure that the Geo model does fit exactly on the OC1.

Wayne

can anyone confirm this? ^^ I need a better one

I can confirm that the screen protector for the Geo 2.0 is pretty lame. I scratched the hell out of it just putting it on. I ordered a Zagg screen protector for the Atom assuming the watch face was the same size - it isn't so it's useless to me.

The Geo protector is 1.45" in diameter
The Atom protector is 1.25"

If the Atom protector from Zagg happens to fit the OC1, you can have mine for a decent price. I've read these are decent screen protectors

Edit: and if neither work for you, I found that you can buy generic-sized Zagg protectors from 15 - 50mm in diameter (which I wish I realized)

anyone know if oceanic warrants the lens film?

also any chance anyone know about who or if oceanic can do a lens touch up?

I can confirm that the screen protector for the Geo 2.0 is pretty lame. I scratched the hell out of it just putting it on.

Same story for my new Oc1 pioneer. the lens protector is actually embarrassing compared to how cool and modern the watch looks. And when I am looking at my watch through my polarised sunglasses the lens is covered in black clouds that makes the watch difficult to read and look as if its been smashed.

I opted for some custom cut 3M film instead, check it out

ScubaScreen 3M Protectivefilm Oceanic OC1 Dive Computer (eBay item 140493436423 end time 02-Jan-11 17:22:23 AEDST) : Sport

CONFIRMED the zagg atom lens cover DOES NOT fit the oc1, too small

Back
Top Bottom